Sunday 16 November 2014

Don't drop the baby


Last week I unfortunately fell down a step while carrying Boo. As it happened my only thought was "don't drop the baby". I successfully managed to brace myself in such away that Boo did not come in contact with the ground, though he like me got a big fright. I also managed to roll onto my back so as not to squish him or Bean (20 weeks gestation).
I am partially scraped up and bruised on both knees and my left elbow (pictured above) but now 3 days later my swelling in my knee has dissipated.  
This all made me realise: All mums (and dads) are superheros and conduct remarkable feats everyday to protect their families. Even if it is turning a clutzy moment into an impressive save (like Superman)or reaching that little hand just before it is jammed in the drawer (The Flash). We are always looking out for our little ones and thinking of them when we aren't there. To all parents go you, you are my hero and your child's superhero.

(We have all been checked by the doctor and declared well and unscathed, despite the scrapes. The osteopath even marvelled that I wasn't more out of alignment.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment