Saturday 4 April 2015

Getting Crafty and Nesty

March has been a busy month full of lists and catch ups but I have found myself a little time to get crafty. I have finished my to do before bubs list about 3 times but always found another thing to add. Below are the highlights of my Crafting and Nesting.

A hot Air Balloon or coloured lamp

I had a white Ikea paper lantern sitting around (for about 4 years) and we have recessed lighting meaning I can't hang it as a light. So I thought I would see if I could turn it into a hot air balloon. Using my school watercolours I created a rainbow hot air balloon, it looks pretty good I think. You can see it featured below in our new playroom.

Cloth nappies for a doll
As we are expecting our little one very soon (I am currently 4 days overdue), last week I made some very simple cloth nappies for my old baby cabbage patch kid Tracy. I am hoping that Boo will be able to play while I change Bean etc. I found the pattern at one little project and just simplified it by using old toweling nappies.

Creating a playroom
Next on the pre-baby list is to create a playroom with a feeding space so Boo can be with us but entertained. Hubby painted the clouds, I made the hot air balloon and TeePee (which finally has a space in our home) and we moved in all the toys on one of the expedits from our lounge. I have also created a box of blankets and play cloths for cubbies, dress ups and snuggles as time progresses.



Lastly Nesting is complete
The house is clean, the play room setup, the cot awaits and my bags are packed now just to have this baby. We are having bubs in with us to start but will hopefully move them in with Boo once we are all settled. Scary and exciting all at once.


What have you been up to this month? 
Any tips or going from one bub to two?

Regards Andii

I am not sponsored in anyway, all opinions are my own and links are provided for your convenience.

2 comments:

  1. That hot air balloon is amazing, such a clever idea! You look all ready for baby, I hope you aren't kept waiting too long now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bex I was very happy with the result. Thank you for your kind wishes we hope not to be waiting too much longer either, overdue is an unfamiliar time as Boo was exactly on his due date.

      Delete