Monday 23 March 2015

Hubby's Birthday Week

Well it is one of my favourite weeks of the year, hubby's birthday week. This year we had 3 days of celebrating meaning I spent most of my week baking Yay!

I also had collected a number of small gifts then looked at my wrapping paper and realised if I got him 2 more gifts I would have enough to wrap him one in each colour of the rainbow. 
Then of course the rainbow theme took off as I realised I had rainbow decorations, place mats and candles.
For Hubby's birthday I sent him to work with a surprise in his bag of an unsweetened chocolate brownie using 90% Cocoa Lindt and this recipe, which was excellent according to him.

I then made these Chocolate muffins with ganache for his colleagues which went down a treat. They have a fairly good texture and are simple but I did not find them fudgey but they were a hit with Hubby's colleagues (he has just moved into a new team so I thought it was a good opportunity for wifely brownie point gathering) 

For his birthday cake I made him an almond meal based chocolate cake again with 90% Cocoa Lindt from Stephaine Alexander's Cooks Companion which I iced with the same chocolate as a base for a Sour Cream Ganache.

Hubby seemed pretty pleased with the whole day. 
From my parents he received an Avengers Carry on suitcase, from Boo, Bean and I he received  a few chocolatey treats with a NZ flavour, a new alarm clock,  Captain America The winter Soldier, Castle Season 6, and a walking elephant which he and Boo both adore.

I spent Thursday making one awful batch of Cinnamon scrolls before using a recipe for Overnight Cinnamon Scrolls which worked well.
We spent our Friday, Hubby's day off, at a local park having a picnic. Seemed a good time to break in my Christmas present. For this I made Homemade Lemonade
Which was all delicious, the park had a toddler area for Boo though he was a touch short for some of them by about half a foot. This is my lovely boys playing together.
Last celebratory bit of the week was my mum dropping in early on Sunday and deciding to take Boo with her out to breakfast which meant hubby and I were able to lie in bed and relax for about 2hours. Complete luxury.

I hope you also had a wonderful week. I would love to know what you have been up to.

Andii

No comments:

Post a Comment