Wednesday 22 October 2014

What I am reading


In addition to re-reading the Pregnancy Countdown Book, because yes there is another bub on the way. At the moment I am enjoying J. L. Scott's books, I love her blog. I am re-reading Lessons from Madame Chic. I am also reading At Home with Madame Chic.

I originally read Lessons from Madame Chic a few months ago. From that reading I undertook a significant cupboard clean out and got my snacking out of my life, because snacking is so
not chic, something I need reminding of. Snacking is still not chic even when pregnant sit down and eat like a lady with a plate.
I am re-reading Lessons from Madame Chic to see what I have missed, and curb the areas I have allowed myself  to lapse, snacking anyone?. I am in the process of assembling my Spring/Summer wardrobe with an emphasis on room for belly growth :)
I will give you a tour soon, just waiting for a delivery. 

So far in At Home with Madame Chic I have read to the start of Chapter 3: Clutter (Physical and Mental), before I had to get to work. So the room in my house that has been driving me nuts clutter wise is my spare/guest room. Since we moved in when Boo (Bubba number 1) was 6.5 months it has been accumulating baby items he has grown out of, clothes I no longer want and various bits and bobs, including a new cot. This meant that the bed was unusable and the door was permanently shut to prevent injury, and allow me to ignore it. 
So I took on getting it sorted before we flew to NZ on Thursday last week. Which I achieved. My long term intention is to get this sorted as a playroom by Christmas but here is the start.
The bassinet has all the baby stuff for when they arrive. I made the tee-pee for Boo last Christmas it is too big, it is about 1mm from the ceiling, but very cute, our whole family fits in it. Below is all the clear out for donations. The big black bag contains everything I eliminated from my closet. 

Next weeks task is a cleaning schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment