Friday 24 October 2014

10 item wardrobe Spring/Summer

So I have just received delivery of the last item for my Spring/Summer wardrobe.
This year my wardrobe is focused on a light feminine feel with an emphasis on belly growth. :)
Firstly my wardrobe is often fairly heavy on Target items as that is what I can afford and they usually have lovely pieces that suit me. This year however in have supplemented with pieces from one of my favourite Maternity clothing companies Angel Maternity. I used them last pregnancy for a formal outfit for a wedding I was attending. 

I love the range they have as I prefer looser fitting clothes rather than super stretchy contoured outfits and they cater to both markets. I also find them a really great company to deal with if you need to change or exchange something. Finally the price point is excellent especially when you consider you are pregnant for such a short time. 

So onto the wardrobe. 

Pants
A staple in my closet is jeans I always have a dark blue pair and a black pair both bootleg as I find it balances out my figure. My current pairs are both Target double button bootleg which are a perfect fit for me and my rather curvy bottom without any unsightly lumps or bumps, Unfortunately after 6 years Target has discontinued these so after Bean is born I will have to find a new source for jeans. This pregnancy I am going to use a belly belt to extend my jeans for as long as possible.
I also have a fairly neutral 3/4 pant which is great for warmer weather and extends the wear I get from my tops.



Tops
This first top is a Target top I bought for 2012/2013 summer I really like the colours in the print and it pairs well with either of my jeans.


These 2 tops are both from Angel Maternity, excuse the wrinkles they arrive by post yesterday, I wanted tops that would pair with either of my jeans and would be long enough to cover my belly and belly belt.

This tunic is one of the pieces from my winter wardrobe which will remain for spring at least. It is a Vera Wang tunic my mother bought me as a gift when we were out about 6mths after Boo was born and I love it, it is very flattering and makes me feel elegant. I prefer this paired with my dark blue jeans so as not to be too black and I often pair it with a scarf.

These tops are both by Target and are from my winter wardrobe they will remain as extras for spring until it gets too warm. I really like the colour and detail of the burgundy top. The other top is a plain navy with a cowl neck as an added detail.


Dresses
Both dresses are the same style from Angel Maternity I bought the polka dot which is a slightly heavier weight fabric last time I was pregnant. The grey is a new addition and is much more sheer but I really love it. Excited to wear it this week on our lovely beach trip.




Outerwear
This is a Target blazer I bought in 2013 that I love to throw on over a more casual top, paired with a scarf to feel a bit more dressed up. 

In outer layers I also have a red coat that I adore and have had for about 4 years now. I finally found a scarf to pair with it last month, otherwise I wear a plain black scarf, so this will remain in my wardrobe for spring as Melbourne weather is notoriously fickle.

Accessories & Footwear
In the 2 preceding pictures you have seen the scarves I use most frequently. 

For footwear I have leather ballet flats again from Target, I have a nude pair and a black pair which covers my whole wardrobe. This is the first pair of nude shoes I have owned and as a dress lover I am now wondering what I wore before.

I also want to include the lovely handbag my grandparents and hubby contributed to for my birthday. It is a leather bag from Tiganello which fits everything I need including my diary (I have a beautiful Letts of London diary as I prefer old school pen and paper, I just bought my 2015 one) and a largish novel which has been great particularly on plane trips.


Thank you for reading I would love some feedback on the post.
Thank you Jennifer at the Daily Connoisseur for the lovely shout out.

Off I go to Cairns for a few days of relaxing Bye!



All products reviewed or referred to are of my own choice and the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment