Tuesday 21 April 2015

Settling in to life with 2

Well it has been 2 weeks since our little girl joined us. Hubby is now back at work leaving Boo, Bean and I to settle into our new normal. Boo is a delightful older brother & mother's help. He will proudly grab me a spit up cloth or a nappy when I mention needing one (often from his own cupboard, I really must put Bean's nappies lower). He is often up for a cuddle with Bean or with Bean and I. He is very proud to be seen out with his sister and is getting used to his new seat in the pram. Boo is also practicing his balancing and climbing particularly at playgroup and is playing around with walking on his toes. In the last week he has also begun to play independently for longer periods doing more complex tasks independently, like shape sorting.

Bean has visited the Child Health nurse where she smiled at mummy's bad jokes.  She is beginning to stay awake for a bit of a cuddle in the early evening before bed and is also getting feeding and sleep fairly well sorted. This last few days she has also begun to be ok with a little bit of tummy time. Bean also slept happily in the pram for playgroup only waking for a quick feed in the middle, which was very helpful. 

 I as a mummy am beginning to remember that getting a feed done in 35 minutes with a new baby is pretty good. I am also beginning to remember that tired and sleepy can lead to a little bit of weepy by the end of the day. 

We have had a week of walking this week as my lovely old car had an overheating issue (when I say old I mean old, my car was made the year I was born, I dream of modern day luxuries like aircon and central locking). As a result of walking we got to catch up with a friend and her boys as I walked past their house and saw they were home on the way to the child health nurse. We also caught the bus a few times which Boo is always a fan of and I had both children asleep in the pram for an hour at one point, unfortunately a bit late in the day for me to use the opportunity for a quiet coffee and cake. 

All in all we are settling in well. What changes have you and your family been adjusting too?

In love and laughter Andii

No comments:

Post a Comment